Monday, July 16, 2012

Week Ending 7.15.12

Monday - 45 min stairs

Tuesday - 6 miles

Wednesday - 45 min stairs

Thursday - 4 miles

Friday - 0

Saturday PM/Sunday AM - El Scorcho 50k  - This race was a lot of fun and I will write up a bit more on it later in the week.  Major thanks to Doom, his wife, and Dad for all their hospitality - picking me up at the train station, dropping me off to get my packet, sending updates to my wife, offering up beer, etc.  Also, thanks to my amazing wife and family for getting up before the sun to make the drive out to pick me up.


Grilling Up Some Recovery


Total - 41 miles plus 1.5 hours of stairs

I wanted to front load this week a bit more but things were pretty hectic and there just wasn't time to turn any days into doubles. I basically took El Scorcho as the 1st longer run of my Cactus Rose 100 training.  I plan to get in one 30+ mile run every couple of weeks from here on out and will try to average 100+ mpw for September.

I didn't do any lifting this week but will be back in the gym tomorrow.  I had some issues with my hamstring during El Scorcho and I am pretty sure that is related to lifting.  I tweaked my hamstring a couple of weeks ago but it never bothered me on any training runs, other than just being tight.  I want to ensure there isn't a repeat at Cactus Rose and I will probably cut my lifting off about a month before the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment