Monday, May 19, 2014

Cactus Rose Training Week 1 (a Redo)

So I planned to do this post about a month ago but I went out for an easy run on Wednesday of that week and some how injured my ankle. I think it was a strain of the Flexor Hallucis Longus tendon and I'm not exactly sure what I did to aggravate it. My mileage had been pretty low leading up to that and I had only been lifting one day a week but the pain was real and took the next month resting, icing, and doing short test runs. The ankle is still stiff with some slight pain but I would say that it is about 90% and seems to improving each day. So here is another attempt at Week 1!

Monday - 4 miles, BF 

Tuesday - some easy exercise bike to warm up and then some stretching & rolling

Wednesday - 6 miles, NB MT 101

Thursday - same as Tuesday

Friday - same as Tuesday

Saturday - 12 miles, NB MT 1010

Sunday - off

Total - 22 miles A pretty lackluster week but I was just glade to get through it without the ankle flaring up on me. I did the stairs today without any issue and that was a huge hurdle to clear. I'm behind where I would want to be at this point but the reality is that October is a long ways off. I'll slowly ramp the mileage over the next couple of months and hope to hit my stride in August and September.

Some brewing pictures: I brewed a 100% Brett Chamomile / Lavender ale that I'm pretty pleased with

No comments:

Post a Comment