Monday, February 17, 2014

Consecutive Days of Barefoot Running!

Not much has been going on since pulling out of Rocky Raccoon 100.  A number of things just weren't falling into place in the days leading up to the race, so I pulled out.  Then less than 12 hours after calling things off, my 8 month pregnant wife comes down with an abscess tooth.  Funny how things work out sometimes.

I've been basically just taking it easy (code for getting fat) but have started to ease back into things.  I'm going to ramp things up over the next few weeks with the target of running Hells Hills 50 but knowing that is probably a long shot.  Once the baby is here, I'll just play it by ear and try to hit some kind of training rhythm this summer.  I'm only going to pencil in Cactus Rose 100 for right now but may try to do a couple of warm up races before that, if things workout.

I've been hitting the gym pretty hard with a focus on deadlifts, squats, press with pullups and pushups thrown in.  And of course, still grinding the stairs for some vert.  The weather this week has been awesome and I manged consecutive days barefoot running for the first time in forever.  I'll be glad when the weather allows for me to get back up to doing 60% or more of my miles BF.

I brewed a 100% Brett Pale Ale recently and am very pleased with the results, in fact, it is awesome.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment