Monday, May 6, 2013

Two Weeks Ending 5.5.13

Starting 4/29/13
Monday - 45 min stairs

Tuesday - 45 min stairs

Wednesday - 11 miles, Rowlett Creek Preserve, MT 101 - legs felt really good but not sure how many more miles that I will be able to get out of my trusty 101s.

Thursday -  AM - 45 min stairs, PM - 6 miles, BF, random creek path / community jogging trail behind our church.  I didn't want to run circles in the parking lot while my daughter was up at the church and was able to stumble across this.  Some nice views with decent elevation change.



Friday - AM - Gym - Squats and Deadlifts - kept the weight pretty low, just easing back into things.

Saturday and Sunday - Lots of beer, relaxing, family and recovery.

Monday - 2 miles, BF - crap ton of fertilizer all over the community bike path caused me to cut this run short.  They even spread it back up in the wooded sections... such a waste of money and unnecessarily  harmful for the environment. 

Tuesday - AM - 45 min stairs, PM - 4 miles, MT 101

Wednesday - 45 min stairs

Thursday - 45 min stairs

Friday - AM - Gym - Squats and Deadlifts - at about 80% of pre-Hells Hills, will probably match my max Dead next week and then start adding weight each session to make the push to 300.

PM - 4 miles, BF

Saturday - 4 miles, BF

Sunday - 4 miles, BF

Total - 35 miles and 4.5 hours of stairs

I think that I am done with my recovery and ready to start the long hot summer grind that will eventually lead up to Cactus Rose 100.  I've been out to the course a number of times to run and know that it is a quad shredding course with lots of ups and downs.  My quads held up really well at Hells Hills but that wasn't an overly hilly course and I took it really easy.  I'll have to run a good bit out of my comfort zone at Cactus Rose to reach the goals that I have set.

On another note, I love to cook and was hoping to bring more of that to this blog but it is such a pain to take pictures while cooking and then load them to this blog.  I'm a even worse food blogger than running blogger!  Anyway, I made some killer pizza but really only have two pics to show for my efforts.

Small Batch of Dough Ready for Pizza Making!
Perfectly Crispy Crust and Amazing Sauce Full of Fresh Herb
I really think a Revival is building.

No comments:

Post a Comment